Cramer-Krasselt is one of the largest independent, totally integrated agencies in the country with over $700 million in billings and over $400 million in media asset management.
With a mission to Make Friends, Not Ads®, C-K has built a reputation for changing perception and behaviors that lead to purchasing action for brands. It's how we helped Porsche achieve six years of consecutive record-breaking growth, how Corona became the #1 import and Pacifico grew 19% this year alone.
We've done it by interconnecting an ever-expanding range of disciplines from strategic branding to digital, social, analytics, media/programmatic, SEM, PR, UX and more.
Major brands include Benihana, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (Knott's Berry Farm, Cedar Point and 9 others), Corona Extra, Edward Jones, Kroger Divisions, Meiomi Wine, Nikon, Pacifico Beer and Porsche. www.c-k.com.
About C-K Chicago:
Chicago’s independent spirit makes it the perfect headquarters for C-K, one of the nation’s oldest and largest independent agencies. C-K’s Chicago office, located just off the Magnificent Mile, is full of native Midwesterners and transplants alike that are united in the values of hard work and collaboration.
At C-K in Chicago, we work with major global and national brands like Porsche, Corona Extra, Cedar Fair, BIC, Edward Jones and many others. We’re proud of these partnerships and the integrated approach we take to every client and every element of a campaign, be it large or small.
Our experts here have backgrounds spanning every marketing, advertising and communications discipline across all categories imaginable. C-K Chicago is a hub of innovation and the nerve center of the agency.
We also apply our work ethic to the community. Our flagship charity in the Chicago office is Off the Street Club (OTSC), the oldest boys and girls club in the city. Throughout the year we participate in the planning and execution of several key OTSC fundraising events such as Swing for the Kids, The Firefly Ball, Summer Bake Sale and Holiday Luncheon. We also participate in the Battle for Hope, the Chicago-area advertising agency battle of the bands. In 2015, our house band, the Angry Pickles, won the Battle for Hope and helped raise thousands for OTSC in the process.
The Planning Director is passionate about brands, people and ideas. Part thinker, part doer and all motivator, they are skilled at unearthing brand, category, cultural and consumer insights that change the way people think—then applying those inputs to craft fresh, compelling, and effective strategies on behalf of brands.
The position reports to the Director of Brand Planning.
About the role:
• Provides strategic leadership to cross-functional teams
• Develops and delivers winning strategies for new business initiatives
• Motivates creative people with engaging, persuasive and memorable stories
• Fosters strong partnerships with senior-level client contacts, including marketing directors, CMOs and insights leaders
• Is a master of insight, with the ability to interpret, simplify and visualize data of all sorts—and even pioneer new research methods
• Juggles and manages multiple accounts and tasks under pressure
• Keeps up with new media and changes in the communication and cultural landscape
• At least 7 years of experience in brand planning or research/insight role
• Classic strategic planning skills – Strong strategic thinking, ability to search for insights and write tight briefs, ability to shepherd strategic idea through the creative process
• Inherent desire to reframe challenges to solve problems, and they are adept at influencing people of all levels and disciplines.
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Innovative thinker
• Flexible with time management
• Able to collaborate across disciplines
• Strong understanding of qualitative, quantitative and digital research methods, their design and their application
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• High level of energy and enthusiasm
• Intuitive sense of people